Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is in store...

This morning I went upstairs for 5 minutes to do something on the computer. Really, it was only 5 minutes. I came downstairs to find Luke with dripping wet hands and chocolate cookie all over his face. The cookies were on the kitchen counter in a tupperware container. I looked at him incredulously and asked where he got the cookie from. His answer, "Noah and I get the stool!" with a big cheesy grin. I then looked to find Noah. He had taken the stool back to the bathroom so he and Luke could wash their hands to get rid of the evidence. A good plan if their mouths weren't completely covered in crumbs. With a little detective work I discovered the lid had not been snapped on the container and they had filched 2 huge, messy cookies. The loot was evidently eaten in the couch cushion fort from all the crumbs on the rug.

My thoughts of the future are interesting today. My girls were never co-conspirators in crime at 2 1/2, in fact I don't know if they ever have been. Grace and Sophie are not perfect kids, but they don't work together to break rules or do things they shouldn't. I think it is hilarious, but definitely disturbing, that not only did Luke and Noah take the cookies, they tried to hide it from me. Yikes and yikes again!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMGosh (seriously so blessed), that is disturbing and funny! Thankfully your girls are older and can maybe help out with the hoodlums!!!

And We Sailed On said...

Ah, well, I think it may be a good thing that Luke and Noah do not spend time around Emma right now because she would multiply the destruction x2!!! I feel your pain, although I have no idea what twins are like. I'm sure its wild. Your post about the store made me laugh SO hard! Reminds me of the day after Clark was born and I was at the grocery store with all 5 kids.... it was bad. Now we do it all the time :)
You are a fabulous mother.
E

Michelle S.J. said...

Welcome to my world...it's a boy thing.