Grace and Sophie ran their first race on Saturday! They have been asking me for a while now if they could. This summer I had them come with me several times for short runs and I figured they were ready. The race was a small, local fun run. The kids race was about a half mile and the girls mostly ran it. They had to stop a walk a few times. I was so proud of them! I got all choked up and teary eyed. About half way through Grace asked me why races were so long. I had to laugh because I don't think I have ever run a single one where I didn't think the same thing! I told her that races are long because they are supposed to be hard. That way when you are finished you feel really proud of yourself.
Luke and Noah ran with us the last 20 yards or so and through the finish line. You can't see Luke in the picture because he was way ahead of us!
4 comments:
WOOHOO!!! Way to go Hardy Family Runners!! Sort of like the Von Trapps but you run instead of sing!! Jen, you look GREAT!!
How fun. I got teary eyed when Eli finished his race this summer too.
YIPPEE for fun races and Grace I have thought the same thing oh so many times! I am so proud of you all!!! Very fun and cute pictures!!!
That is so great! Yeah for teaching kids to love to be active and do things that are hard. I wish we could have been there to cheer for all of you.
Post a Comment