Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family Hike



We made a quick trip to Hanging Rock State Park on Saturday for a family hike. We wanted to see the changing leaves - which weren't actually that spectacular. But it was fun to get outside on a beautiful fall day!
 I am coming to learn to love the beauty here. It is not the grandness of  Rocky Mtns, but there is a lot of beauty here too. It is just much more subtle - I have to look for it and appreciate it.

5 comments:

The Kroebers said...

I wish I was there to share too. Now I really want a brownie.

Polly said...

Oh, thank you for sharing!!!

EM said...

Bub made these brownies yesterday & they were super delicious!

Katydid said...

Yeah for sweets. This far into my pregnancy and I think as Queen I need desserts every day!

And We Sailed On said...

I will have to try those! I am sure your sweet tooth is just fine since you are a running machine. I need to get back into an exercise groove, but it has not happened yet! Those photos of your girls on their first race were so awesome!