Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gratitude



"Leaf Men" by Sophie and Grace


We had a FHE lesson about gratitude last night. Here is what the kids were thankful for:

Sophie "mint, my kitty, the whole world and everything in it"
Grace "Leo, blankie, family"
Luke "Family Home Evening, Fall, prayers"
Noah "Christmas tree"

I promise I didn't make Luke's answers up. He is enamored with praying right now. He refuses to let anyone else pray so we often have several prayers over dinner, etc. We have FHE in the living room where the Christmas tree goes and the entire time Noah wasn't listening, he was just telling us all how to rearrange the furniture to make room for the Christmas tree. Jason and I of course were grateful for our family, testimonies of Christ, the restored gospel and grown up things like that.

Here are some less important things I am also grateful for:
Clean sheets, when someone other then me does the dishes, good books, the smells and colors of Fall, Dansko clogs, and running with friends.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sweet Lukie!!

And We Sailed On said...

thats awesome! Emma likes to be the only one who says prayer too and if someone else gets called out she shouts at them very loudly throughout the prayer that its her turn. Hmmm. I think it works better to just let them pray, right?
Have you been running a lot? What good books have you read lately that you can recommend for me?
miss you guys!
Emily