Poor Grace. She didn't want to go to school today. She said she had a stomach ache, but then promptly ate all of her breakfast. She cried. I made her go.
It makes me sad for Grace. Preschool last year was the exact opposite. She threw a fit when she was sick because she wanted to go to school so much.
I have realized that she was in a fabulous preschool and is now in a mediocre Kindergarten. I am so opinionated about education. I taught for 8 years before I chose to stay home with my kiddos and I think I know a lot. I have learned something this year though. Our public schools are only as good as the worst teacher there.
Before you feel too bad for Grace, you should probably know that on the way to the bus stop she told me she just wanted to stay home and watch TV all day. Never would have happened anyway.
3 comments:
I feel so sad for Grace. Hopefully they will do some fun holiday things in her class to make her excited to go again.
I remember days of not wanting to go to school - oh wait, I still have them!!! :) I totally agree with your statement about public education - that it is only as good as the worst teacher and that makes me angry because I feel like all of my hard work goes down the toilet. Maybe there will be a boy in Grace's class that she likes and can sit by to make school bearable - at least that is what did it for me!!!
I agree with Grace and Lin!! There are a lot of days I don't want to go to school. You are right too about a school only being as good as it's poorest teacher. I wish other teachers cared, truly cared about their students and their progress. I thought high school was tough, elementary is tougher!!
Post a Comment