Have you ever had caramel pound cake? Me either until today. I have a new love in my life. It is a bakery here in Greensboro called Maxie B's. Last week I had a slice of key lime cake there and today I had the caramel. I am a cake lover and I have never tasted cake like this! I had never even heard of a layered pound cake. Now I am obsessed. I even had a dream about eating cake at this bakery last night.
Caramel cake is a southern tradition that I am now determined to learn to bake. I think I have an inkling why these layered pound cakes are so good, one of the recipes I was looking at had 2 cups of butter in it! For a 2 layer cake. Every time I drive past Maxie B's now I think of all the cake flavors there I haven't tried, it is a little bonkers how in love I am with their cake.
(Jason...when you read this post remember my birthday is next month...hint, hint, hint!)
3 comments:
mmmm. sounds delicious. I did not know that you loved cake, good to know! Caramel is good with anything in my opinion! This is why we exercise, right?
Sounds delicious and dangerous, but yes this is why we exercise - or at least I do!!! :)
How about a trip where you tour bakeries? So cool!
Post a Comment