Friday, April 16, 2010
Add one more...
Those of you who keep count (Marnie) of the things that scare me when I am out running, you can officially add one more creature to the list. NC has kamikaze squirrels. Twice last week out running I had a squirrel literally run right in front of me across the trail. Both times I screamed and then laughed. The second time I was on a trail that has a lot of traffic so I even called out, "I'm fine! Just a squirrel!" In case someone heard and thought I was in trouble. This happened to me once with a snake in City Creek Canyon. A kind soul came racing up the mountain from the road to the trail on a rescue mission and I had to sheepishly say, "Sorry, just a snake." Marnie was with me to laughingly witness this event. Reminds me of that insurance commercial where some animals make a car crash for kicks. I am pretty sure they were squirrels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny. Squirrels are not my favorite either. At our last house they ate EVERY SINGLE THING i planted. I wanted to sit out back with a shotgun!
Hilarious!!!! Sorry that you were frightened though and glad you could laugh about it!!
LOL....I think I would do the same kind of scream if a snake crossed my path.
But I guess it would be the "polite" thing to do to tell others what you are screaming about.
Post a Comment