Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yeah for Spring

My cherry trees are amazing right now. Makes me happy just looking at them, especially with blue skies behind.

Camping last weekend we were cold, but had a lot of fun. Noah discovered that playing with burning sticks in the fire is much more fun then roasting marshmallows. On one of our hikes I found a native violet that was yellow. Did you even know there were yellow violets?! Of course I had forgotten my camera on that hike so no pictures, but it was really beautiful. This may seem like an odd thing to blog about but I love wildflowers and violets are some of my favorites. I took a bucket and shovel last year down to one of the trails we run to dig up some violets to plant in my yard.

Today we had an adventure at the zoo along with every other child who lives in the state of NC. Luckily we were with some good friends which was a lot of fun. When we got home it was 85 degrees, and no, I am not exaggerating. I let the kids play in the sprinklers and lay on the porch and read.

Jason is happy because our grass is already a beautiful shade of green. He has had to mow twice this season already. There is a downside to warmer weather, the mowing season is 9 months long and we already have mosquitoes.

3 comments:

Cyndie said...

My boys will be jealous about the sprinklers. Enjoy those blossoms--they make me happy, too.

The Kroebers said...

Just in case you were wondering it snowed here most of yesterday and today. Eli had a soccer game tonight and I had two coats on and was still freezing. He told me that his game wasn't any fun because it was too cold.

Lindsey said...

Since I too live in the currently freezing state of Utah, needless to say I am jealous of your beautiful 85 degrees! But I am happy for you and your kids!!! And, I can't wait to see you in a few months!!! Just so you know, my word verification was: inessi - it made me smile for some reason!