Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why

Most races I run I come to a point where I ask myself why. Why in the world do I do this?????   Today was really bad, that point literally came 3 minutes into the race. 10k, heat index 94, humidity high 80s. 

I finished.
It was not pretty.

I made my goal time, just barely. None of my southern friends would run with me and now I know why! Trying to relive all of my fun fourth memories of races with sisters, friends and family just didn't work today.  I am thinking a new tradition is in order of only running fall, winter and spring races here in the beautiful south.

5 comments:

Polly said...

Congrats on making your goal time under such challenging circumstances!! I like your idea to look for new traditions too!!

Doran & Jody said...

Whoa! Good for you! I don't know that I could do that. I go with Doran after work sometimes in the heat, however I am on the bike carrying his water while he is sweating away.

What time did they start the race? Noon?

And We Sailed On said...

Way to finish! you are awsome!!!

EM said...

That sounds horrible. I remember when I used to run :)

Michelle S.J. said...

Yeah for finishing! Boo for humidity! I agree it's time to give up for a few months. I've been sweating it out on the trainer for the last few weeks. It's brain numbing but more tolerable than 115 degrees or 4 AM rides.