"Being brave might be just getting out of bed and putting one foot in front of the other. Brave might be learning a new skill or starting a new business or starting over later in life when you thought the struggling would be over. Brave is caring for elderly parents with love and patience and self-sacrifice. Brave is doing HARD things with grace and dignity and growth and joy and yes, even with humor. Brave is figuring out what is most important to you, and then being fiercely protective of that in your life. Brave is turning your back on what the world tells you is most important and turning your heart toward what you know is really important. Brave is doing the right thing. Brave is having the courage to be your 100% authentic self." Kathy Wilkins
My SIL was lucky enough to go to Brave Girls Camp recently in Idaho. If you are interested you can check out their website. I love the idea of labeling myself as a Brave Girl. I also love this definition of what it means to be brave. I feel uplifted and inspired after spending some time looking at the Brave Girls Club info. So inspired that after I write this I am going to go be brave and tackle organizing the closet where I have been storing my kids outgrown and out of season clothing.
PS - Mom, I think you are incredibly brave to become a missionary!
1 comment:
you are brave too Jen! I agree, that is a great definition and also life needs bravery. It's hard and we have to be brave!
Post a Comment