Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Second Grade


Sophie and Grace had their first day of 2nd Grade today. I have a better picture of Grace but I thought this was funny... she was not so excited for school this morning at all. Of course none of us were happy about the 6am wake up it required. The girls chose coordinating outfits and wore matching best friend necklaces. At the end of the day Sophie was really upset that she had not been able to talk to Grace all day. They had assigned areas (?) for recess, so even though they were out at the same time couldn't play together.

I have such mixed emotions about my kids growing up. Summer went by too quickly and was so fun...none of us were ready for it to be over. But here we go, ready or not...

5 comments:

Smith's Utah Understandings said...

These girls are adorable!!! great picture and lets hope and pray that Grace learns to love school, maybe home will always be more important to her, not too bad a thing! Such darling outfits on darling girls!!

EM said...

I just told someone today that they were going to first grade. Yep, I'm a year behind. Man I need to see these girls more often. Love you guys.

And We Sailed On said...

I know exactly what you mean. The summer is over much too quickly! The girls look adorable!
E

Polly said...

I don't blame Sophie, it must have been hard for her to not be able to talk with Gracie all day. What is up with not being able to play wherever you want on the playground?

Suzie Petunia said...

That is so darling that your girls are best friends and miss each other at school. Please tell me how to foster that kind of love between my kids! And separate areas at recess? I'd tell the teachers to let them play together! That seems silly. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It is nice to meet you!