Sunday, September 25, 2011

Finally...


My rescheduled 40th birthday triathlon was on Saturday. I look so official...like I really know what I am doing. I am surprised I could smile like this before the swim. I was so nervous! The guy next to me was an identical twin. He (or his brother) raced by me all morning.

 750 yard swim, first in open water. Even felt great enough to wave to my kids as I got out of the water.


14.5 miles on my bike.











3.1 mile run.
The end!

I honestly have never had so much fun competing. I hope there are many triathlons in my future.
I finished about 10 minutes faster then I thought I would. How often in life do we do better then we think is possible? It felt good.





10 comments:

Smith's Utah Understandings said...

WOW - we are so impressed and you are so upbeat and loving it! Good for you! I think the swimming would be the hardest, next the biking and running 3 miles after doing the other two would be next to impossible!! Yay for you - since you begin training in Jan and the April event was postponed - enjoy your glory!!

The Kroebers said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you. I knew you would rock it. I'm glad you liked it. We need to do one together someday. I'm trying to decide if I should do a short one the beginning of November. I don't think I'm going to. Mostly because I don't want to pay $45 to do it. They have it again in April so maybe I'll do it then.

EM said...

This is so, so awesome!!! It would be so fun to all do one together someday.

And We Sailed On said...

YOU ROCK. the end.
E

Wendy said...

I am so happy for you! You are awesome. I am glad you had so much fun, that was the point, right? :) Hooray!!!

Michelle S.J. said...

AWESOME!!!So Proud of you!

Polly said...

You look GREAT Jen!! You are AMAZING!!!

Marni said...

Jen,
I am impressed! You are brave. Your children are darling!

Cyndie said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Katydid said...

Catching up on your life. You look great! I think open water swims are scary, but you look so relaxed. Congrats on doing better than you thought. Need to call you.