Our fun adventure today was supposed to be picking apples. We drove
to an orchard just north of our house. It was kind of a bust. We were
done in about 15 minutes, the apples are good, not amazing, and Grace
summed it up when she said that it was just not as fun as she pictured
it. The real adventure came when we pulled in the garage.
We have a
chipmunk who lives in the rock wall in our front yard. He/She was in
the garage when we got home. The kids thought it was so cute and spent a
good 10 minutes trying to lure it out with some carrots. They named it
Alvin because it was "mischievous". I left the garage door open and the
kids trickled inside after me 1 at a time. 30 minutes later Sophie
screamed and said there was a rat in the bathroom.
What?!!!!!
I am
such a wimp.
There is no part of me that wanted to discover what was
lurking in that bathroom. Then I saw that the door to the garage had
been left open AGAIN. Luckily I have Luke. When I asked who wants to
help mom be brave and go look in the bathroom he volunteered right away.
Once the kids realized it was the chipmunk then they were not scared
and wanted to go in right away and love on him. I was a bit freaked out
still. Grace took a broom and scared/shooed him out the door. You know
what came next. I just hope they listened and will shut the door. Gross!
and freaky and Sophie may never set foot in that bathroom again.
2 comments:
Why do I vaguely remember you having some other nasty creature in your house that came in through the garage? Maybe I'm just thinking of the lost gerbil. This made me laugh but I wouldn't have been laughing if I was the one who had to hunt down the scary bathroom creature. Glad you have a 6 year old to do the dirty work for you :)
Mom asked what came next. A huge lecture on leaving the door open! But this time I think they listened.
Post a Comment