Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July 2014

 Happy Fourth of July!



 We had a great time at the Greensboro parade this year. Our expectations have definitely changed and we just enjoyed what was there. Hurricane Arthur had blown through the day before and brought temps in the 70's. It was wonderful! Grace and Sophie continued their tradition of Patriotic toe nails this year. Grace let me put a red, white and blue thing in her pony tail but I admit that I miss the days when I would dress them all up and have fancy patriotic hair things.


My favorite part of the parade is always the Revolutionary war reenactors and their drums and fifes. This dancing hot dog was a close second! Not attached to anyone else marching, just dancing her, or his, way down the road. Super awesome.

Later we went to an outdoor symphony concert and fireworks. It was fun to watch fireworks while Sousa marches were being played. Not so fun is the hour it takes to get out of the parking lot. But again, at least we knew about it this year and were prepared.

No comments: