We made these fun Halloween houses from a kit. I think it will be a new tradition. Super fun! Candy corn teeth and all. I loved that the kit was a Halloween village so everyone could do their own house.
Grace, Sophie, Noah and Luke's pumpkins
I have never seen a kid so gleeful as Grace about carving pumpkins. She LOVES the guts and mess. Cracked me up. She helped everyone else clean out their pumpkins after hers was done! This is the first year for a long time Luke has not asked for a green pumpkin, not sure if he just didn't think about it this year, or if they just did not have any green ones at Walmart the day we were there. I would love to be able to figure out how to grow jack o lantern pumpkins here without pesticides. Seems impossible at this point, dang squash beetles get them every time.
Autumn Princess, Harry Potter, The Grimm Reaper, Molly as cutest dog ever & Masquerade Ball Sophie
Our ward had a trunk or treat the day before Halloween. With that and trick or treating our kids have never had so much Halloween candy. Grace weighed hers, after taking out all of the things she didn't want it was 6 lbs! Holy cow. I loved that Grace and Sophie wanted pretty costumes this year. They saw these masks at the Halloween store in September and used their own money to buy them. We ordered the dresses online, Sophies was perfect. Grace hated hers when it came. It was originally all gold. So she and I got some new fabric and I remade it for her Autumn Princess dress. It turned out so beautiful, leaves and all. It was totally Grace's ideas. she even had leaves in her hair. As we were getting ready for the Trunk or treat Sophie asked me to iron her dress and I melted it, right in the front. Poor kid. She handled it really well. Went outside to cry on the hammock where I wouldn't see her. Luckily there was a sheer overlayer and she and I said a prayer and then patched it with fabric from a blue princesses dress I made her when she was 4. I was sad to cut it up, but it was totally my fault. Sophie was happy with the end product. It was a good lesson for both of us. Seriously! How long have I been ironing?
1 comment:
THey look great! I've done that with my iron too! You are such a great mom. xo
E
Post a Comment