Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day!

Today is 3.1415 - once every century! Of course we celebrated with pie, Key Lime and Chocolate Silk.



Today was also the Battle of Guilford Courthouse annual reenactment. It was wet and muddy, not as cold as it was in 1781 though. Jayden had never been to a reenactment before, or Abby. It was fun, and wet, and muddy.


 This reenactor let the kids all hold and look at his gun. I never realized that these old muskets actually had a piece of flint that struck steel to make a spark! This nice kid told us that his gun did not fire once during the reenactment, that they are really inconsistent, especially when it is wet.
When we got home the kids, Jayden included, played Revolutionary War for hours and hours. It helped that Abby was here. She has a way of making everything more exciting and fun and all 4 of my kids adore her. I call her my 5th child, but I guess with Jayden here now I should call her my 6th child :) 


The mix of star wars cloaks becoming soldiers and various and assorted weapons made me laugh. Grace made a colonial hat by wearing a sun bonnet backwards, her gun is also a random piece of wood from the garage. Abby just captured Luke and he is not very happy about it in this pic. 

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

I love all of this. I want to come to a reenactment! So awesome.