Instead of an Anniversary trip to the beach this year we went as a family. It was fun. And crazy. And rained most of the time we were there. Unfortunately we were in the middle of a tropical storm on the Atlantic, but it was still warm enough to play and have fun. I rented us a condo right on the edge of Kure Beach, before the state park at Fort Fisher. I was all happy to have gotten a great deal on a beach front place...there really was no beach. It was all eroded and was mostly sandbags. It freaked the kids out a little that high tide at night was basically waves crashing under our building. The condo was old and dirty. But we were at the beach!
19 years Sept. 25!
Jason, Luke and Grace took a class on surf fishing at the aquarium. They learned how to cast, equipment etc. and then fished for 2 hours and caught nothing. Not even a bite. I guess the wind was blowing the wrong way the teacher said, she didn't expect anyone to catch anything that day. But it was cool to learn and know next time we go to the beach we will drive down on the State Park beach to solitude and Jason can fish while we play.
Having the beach all to ourselves was amazing. We drove down a few miles after getting a permit. There were a few people fishing, other then that, miles of beach to ourselves. The sun came out for the hour we spent here on Sunday morning. I had forgotten how beautiful it is.
Grace's best pic from the trip. I love the colors in this!







1 comment:
I love the toes dragging in the sand. Bummer that the condo wasn't what you thought. xo
E
Post a Comment