Sam and the Pikes came for Thanksgiving. It is always so good to have family during this holiday. Makes me even more grateful for my family. I did the turkey for the first time this year. Jason and Sam were hunting yesterday so Jason shared the honor with me :) I made a pecan pie from pecans from our tree. It is the best pecan pie I have ever had, so good! We also cut up Bert the enormous sweet potato. Only 1/3 of it would fit in the pan to cook for dinner! We had green beans and pickles also home made.
It was warm today, in the 60's. The boys all had shorts on playing outside. It is still a bit crazy to me to have weather this warm during the holidays. Our Hardy Bowl was the best ever. We played Sam and the Pikes vs. the Hardys. Molly was barking and running around and getting in everyone's way. We laughed and laughed, and huffed and puffed after all that turkey.

Tal wanted the drumstick....funny boy!
I am grateful today. I am blessed. So much love and beauty in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment