Monday, August 29, 2016

Washington DC

On the way home from Philadelphia we stopped at Washington DC. Because of the crazy hot weather we had to adjust plans. We ended up in museums - Air & Space, Natural History and American History. Always super fun, more to see then we have time for.
Noah was especially excited for the Air & Space. He was in heaven with all the planes. He has become really interested in WWII history. It was fun for him to see planes he had read about. Of course Sophie is being Sophie...

My favorite thing we did this visit was visit the Smithsonian Zoo. It is not on the Mall, so a bit out of the beaten path. So fun. And SOOOO hot. Luckily there was lots of shade. There were these art pieces through out the zoo, all made from trash picked up on beaches. We also saw Pandas! I didn't get pictures, there were a ton of people by the pandas. Sophie and Luke and I also explored until we found the Amazon exhibit. Super big fresh water fish, a bird that almost bit me, yes I know you are not supposed to try to touch them, flamingos and HUGE frozen yogurts when we were done.

 This is at the Air & Space annex. Again, Noah and Jason were in heaven. Luke was good for the ride. The girls and I were tired and not so interested. I made Sophie and Grace see the space shuttle and a few other highlights. This pic makes me laugh, Grace with a book and Sophie with headphones on listening to T Swift. This is a WWII Corsair, a favorite of Noah's and Jason's.


Proof that my kids really are Southern's. We stopped for gas at some random station and this Nascar crew and car were there for a promotion. Luke knew exactly who the driver was ?! Made me laugh. 


No comments: