After Christmas we made a quick trip to Atlanta. The kids have wanted to see the aquarium there for a long time. I think it is is funny that I didn't take a single picture there! They have this HUGE tank with whale sharks and a ton of other things. It was lots colder then usual for the South, we are cold wimps now too though.
Atlanta zoo has pandas! We only got to see this guys. The others were not out. A lot of the animals were inside because of the cold. Even things like the sun bears - we were surprised and I really wanted to see one. We did get to see the naked mole rats though - Sophie was thrilled, she had been looking forward to it.

So we had no idea that downtown Atlanta was a huge tourist destination. It was crazy! I tried to show a pic of the line to get in to the Coke museum - we had expedited passes because I bought them online luckily. People were waiting and hour and half to get it! We were confused at how big of a deal it was? And then it turns out that this is not really a museum at all. It is a huge long commercial for Coke. I felt a little like I was in a sci fi movie getting brainwashed...the funnest part was trying over 100 kinds of soda from around the world. We had fun - but it was weird. Like a temple to Coke. Jason and I looked up all the info about Coke that we wanted to learn back at the hotel on Wikipedia.

Our hotel was across the street from the College Football Hall of Fame. We are not into college football enough for it to be super awesome, but it was still fun. The boys loved this interactive field where you could kick and throw. I loved the ChickFiLa that was delicious and cheap. Atlanta is now checked off the bucket list. Way to crowed to really enjoy if I am honest, but we did have fun and it was nice to get away as a family.





No comments:
Post a Comment