Everyone's kids do funny things at church now and again. I just had to record today's adventures because they make me laugh. We are Mormon (LDS) and during our services bread and water is passed around as Sacrament. This part of our meeting is always a challenge for Luke and Noah. They are too young to understand at all what it going on but they see bread broken up into little pieces and cool baby size cups of water. Of course they assume this food is for them. Today as the tray of bread went by Luke got his little piece and promptly popped it in his mouth. But then the buffet just kept going and he shouted, "No, no, no!!!" all the while trying to grab the tray with his little hand. Of course everyone else's children were completely quiet at just that moment and the whole room heard. A mouth full of cheese helped him calm down thankfully and I just chuckled, didn't laugh out loud.
Later Luke was banished to the foyer with his Dad for making undignified noises and I had the other 3 kids in the meeting. The girls were doing great looking at books, quietly coloring and doing stickers. I had my hands full helping Noah climb repeatedly on and off his chair while hearing about 1 out of every 3 words the speaker said. One of the things you learn in elementary school is that if you are really quiet, you can get away with almost anything. Looking over to check on my oh so quiet girls, I heard the young couple behind me snickering. Grace had stickers all over her face! Well, specifically down her forehead to her nose and across both cheeks. This time I'm afraid I did laugh out loud, thankfully it was a quiet laugh. She is such a sweet girl and was just looking at me smiling her sweet smile. For those of you out there astounded by my lack of disciplined parenting, the natural consequence of this experiment did come. Each little sticker was quite sticky and hurt just a bit coming off. Lesson learned...I hope.
1 comment:
Your kids are so funny. I'm excited to spend some time with them. Love you guys, EM
Post a Comment