For the first time I have traveled with all my kiddos and actually had more fun then work. Hallelujah!!!!!! (Imagine me singing this at the top of my lungs, arms outstretched.) This could have to do with me totally not wanting to go the day before. Our plan was to take our trailer and camp. When push came to shove and I had to actually begin packing food, clothing, bedding, toys, dishes, etc. for 6 people I called Jason at work and told him I just didn't want to go. So we used some Hilton points we had been saving and stayed in a posh hotel right on the beach. For 3 days I did not cook, wash a dish or sweep a floor. It was AMAZING!
Sophie hamming it up. She is such a character when she wants to be! Notice the crooked glasses. Keeping those frames adjusted is the bane of my existence! The employees at the glasses store greet Sophie by name when we go in every other day.
Sweet Gracie (Monster Grace sometime rears her head, but not often any more.) Jason and Noah are in the background.
My kids slept decently in the hotel so no one was exhausted and we all had a great time. The Atlantic is so much warmer then the Pacific ocean. Even with temps in the 70's and a little rain, it was fine to play at the beach. We didn't swim as much as usual, but still had tons of fun.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I completely miss Utah in the fall. I love watching the mountain leaves turn. I love the way the air smells and feels. I love the crisp mornings. I love the snow and how it makes the mountains look. Being able to drive a few hours to the beach in October is nice, but mountains are still in my blood and I miss them.
Sam came to visit!
This is Jason's firetruck, Dessa kept it all these years. It is super fun to see my kids play with it.
3 comments:
Yay for a vacation that is more fun than work. That rarely happens. I'm sorry that you miss the mountains. The leaves were pretty this year but they are mostly gone in the mountains. Now you don't have to be sad until next fall.
I imagined you dancing around shouting "Hallelejuah" as well! That rocks for you!!! I love the fall as well, but I definitely never spend as much time in the mountains as I want to - it is ridiculous since I live right beneath them. Anyway, you'll be back loving the mountains soon enough.
Your family looks so happy. Glad you had fun and took the hotel route!
Post a Comment