We have a weekly newspaper for our corner of the county that has a section on the back page called Grins and Gripes. People write in and complain about someone speeding on their road, or their issues with local political decisions, or they write and say how nice their Great Aunt Sally is for sharing her zucchini. You get the picture. So here is mine for this week:
Grins
Taking my kids swimming so often that the only day they have to take a bath is Sunday morning.
Finding a sippy cup under the couch from 3 days ago and discovering that it only contained water.
Listening to a pair of 2 year olds playing made up games and laughing their heads off.
Rereading a favorite book and being amazed all over again at how incredible it is.
Gripes
Having to schedule multiple trips to the dentist to fix Grace's cavities, she is my best brusher! I feel so bad.
Laundry.
Hearing a 2 year old voice call from another part of the house, "Mama, I make a mess!"
Having my husband gone 3 nights in a row for church obligations. Yes, I know I shouldn't complain. It is too late for any blessings though. My attitude took care of that after several bedtimes alone with multiple kids crying for much longer then my patience can endure.
3 comments:
Poor Gracie!!! Grandma Smith can understand, she always said that Uncle Derrell NEVER brushed and NEVER had cavities.
Jen, I beg to differ with 4 kiddos 5 and under you get extra blessings for every day you don't run out of your house screaming!! (Thinking about it does not count!!)
You're a trooper Jen! I wish I could share my zucchini with you!
Oh I like that. Is it bad if you have weeks where the gripes list is much longer? ha! I know what you mean about bedtime alone... I do that a lot. You are super, we love you guys!
E
Post a Comment