Sunday, October 25, 2009


Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
Emily Bronte

This is our new maple tree in the front yard. I have always wanted one. It is still small, but so beautiful!

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. ~Jack Handey

I was looking for the Emily Bronte quote and found this one. Who knows who Jack Handey is, but it totally made me laugh!

4 comments:

Forever Fairbanks said...

Jack Handy is or was often quoted during and SNL segment called "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy"

And We Sailed On said...

That is funny. I love your photos. So pretty. Tell the girls they took some great pictures too! We miss you guys.

EM said...

I'm so excited for your maple tree! It looks way bigger than I thought it would be for only being planted a few months ago. Hooray for fall leaves!

Michelle S.J. said...

I was going to tell you who Jack Handy was but your sister beat me to it. There is a book you can buy full of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy it is hilarious.