Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lost Love

Our cat Leo disappeared 3 months ago. The kids still constantly talk about him, draw him, cry for him (Grace) when tired, etc. We have decided as a family that he is in heaven. Sophie draws Leo all the time. This is what she drew today.  She wrote a poem on the back. I was so surprised. I haven't talked to her about poetry lately at all, or helped her write any ever.


Translation -
Oh my cat in heaven,
oh I wish I had you until I was seven!
Oh you were active at night
and you never fight!

4 comments:

EM said...

This is so sweet. I love Sophie's artwork. My friend's parents saved a few pieces of art from all of their kids childhood days and have them framed in their house now. I think it's a great idea. Love you guys. Sorry about poor Leo.

Polly said...

I am sorry about Leo. Good decision that he is in heaven. It is hard to lose someone you love but it seems that your kiddos are handling their grief in healthy ways. It's hard to know that they are sad.
Sophie's poem is good, especially for a six year old!!

Lindsey said...

Sophie you draw and write so well!! I'm sorry that you don't have Leo anymore. I love your poem!

And We Sailed On said...

Sophie you have some serious skills! I Love it.