Thursday, August 19, 2010

Love

As any self respecting, Jane Austen reading young girl, I always imagined that at some point in my future I would receive  poems of love written just for me.  I had no idea that the author of these poems would be my 6 year old daughter. I found this on my bedside table last night.

Translation:

Oh my love,
Oh my love it shines like a bird
it shines like a dove
My love is so bright
it could just light up the night

Love, Sophie

Seriously...how sweet is that?!

10 comments:

The Kroebers said...

It amazes me that Sophie writes poems like that. How does she even know what a poem is? I read Shel Silverstein to Eli but I don't think he really gets the whole poem thing. That is so sweet and hey, I think a love poem from your 6 year old daughter is better than one from anyone else.

Polly said...

Jen, that is just about the sweetest love poem I have ever read!! Could you keep them and bind them into a book? Maybe Jason could take some tips from Sophia?? : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have no idea how Sophie has learned about poetry. I haven't really read any to her, I need to though! She is embarrassed to talk about it, I'm not sure why. She must have seen a pbs show or something I guess.

EM said...

That is adorable. You should save it somehow. Love you guys.

Lindsey said...

Seriously? This is so sweet! Love notes are love notes period. What a great girl!!! Love you!

Cyndie said...

Love it!

Michelle S.J. said...

These are the things that get you through the tough times raising kids. So sweet and just melts the heart.

And We Sailed On said...

she is so sweet and talented. Won't it be fun when she is in college writing poems to show this to her?

Katydid said...

So sweet sure--so genius wow!