When we got up for church this morning it was 53 degrees outside. Grace and Sophie were positively giddy about the prospect of wearing tights to church. (This is a huge surprise coming from Grace. For the past few years she has abhorred tights or leggings of any sort. She says that she hates the way they feel. So she has bare legs all winter long here for church. Today she had found a pair of zebra printed tights that are her one exception. They totally did not match her outfit, but I didn't care. Last week to church she wore her pioneer dress and sunbonnet from the dress up box. )
The girls had a whole discussion about if it rained today that there would be snow. I thought it was hilarious! I explained to them that it has been hot here for quite a few months, that 50 + degrees is not cold enough to snow and that they were just used to it being incredibly hot each time they went outside. All said, It was wonderful to have to wear a sweater to church. We were glad we did because the air conditioning was still on in the chapel...surprise, surprise. I have to admit, I just sat there and enjoyed being cold. Once my toes were blocks of ice I did wish I hadn't worn sandals though.
2 comments:
It was so amazing to not be hot at church today!
I love Fall! It is by far my favorite season, it seems like such a reprieve (sp?) from the hot summer!
Post a Comment