Friday, October 22, 2010

I forgot to share an amazing development in our family camping adventures. Jason discovered he is super interested in dutch oven cooking. I discovered I am super interested in eating food camping that doesn't involve hot dogs or spaghettios. I am a bare bones minimalist when it comes to camp food. Quick and as easy as possible is how I feed my family in the great outdoors. I don't even worry about nutrition (too much.) Jason made an super yummy chicken and potato dish and this....


 Chocolate fudge cake!!!!! It was so DELICIOUS. Plus the kids had a ball with whipped cream out of a can. Like I said, nutrition takes a back burner while camping. We had so much left over we shared with 2 other couples. I was hoping it helped with the noise and delight of being around my children for a few days.



I could not be more thrilled with Jason's latest hobby. He has even cooked in the Dutch oven twice since we've been home in the oven. Husbands that cook...bliss.

6 comments:

EM said...

Dude, now I really wish we could've been there! (P.S. For our trip to Moab, I left the food to the last minute and we ended up eating hot dogs for one night and top ramen the other night. And that was all. How gross is that? Ben never complained but I hope he gets the food ready next time).

Polly said...

YUM!!!!! The cake looks heavenly!!! I agree WOOHOO for husbands that cook!!!

The Kroebers said...

Chris did all of the food when we went camping last weekend, planning, packing, cooking, etc. I think that's why the trip was so relaxing for me. He certainly didn't make any chocolate fudge cake. That looks delicious. Way to go Jason.

Michelle S.J. said...

Can you give the recipe and coal count top and bottom for the chocolate fudge cake. We love dutch oven cooking when we go to the beach.

Cyndie said...

Wow! I'll tell you about Jeremy's cooking sometime.

Katydid said...

Paul, "Can he cook for us?"
Me, "How does one just pick that up?"