We went camping this weekend in Virginia at Fairy Stone State Park. It is up in the Blue Ridge Hills. It was colder then we expected but still fun. Every time we go I am amazed at how much work it is to take our family camping. But it is a lot of fun for the kids and nice to be outside for Mom and Dad, even if it is in a crowed campground.
Most of these pictures are from geocaching. Everyone had a blast except Noah. He got an enormous sliver and literally cried for an hour. Poor kid. The leaves were not as pretty as they have been other years, there was a lot of brown. But who can complain about being in beautiful woods in the fall?
These next pictures are from hunting fairy stones. The park is full of all kinds of minerals. Grace found many interesting things including a piece of mica. That girl loves to dig in the dirt! Fairy stones are a kind of crystal that forms in the shape of a cross. We found a few misshapen ones. Luke decided any stone he found that had sparkles in it was a fairy stone.
Sophie was a ham all weekend. She kept us entertained and exasperated.
All in all it was a success. I do feel a little bad for our camping neighbors. I think they had envisioned a weekend of enjoying Virgina with the state motto in mind. Instead they got to camp next to wild, crazy, loud,delightful children loving the outdoors.
2 comments:
Poor Noah!! Looks like except for his huge silver the trip was a success. WOOHOO for camping!!
I wish we could've been there with you. Tal would love to play with his cousins. Poor Noah looks so sad in that pic. I love getting outside. It is a big old pain to get ready, but it's always worth it. (Well, almost always). Love you guys.
Post a Comment