This is Grace and Sophie's magic field. I know it is not much to look at from an adult's perspective, but to my girls this is a secret, special place. Lower then the rest of the neighborhood, surrounded by woods, it feels solitary, and I am sure to them, like a huge expanse of freedom. This small field is also covered in dandelions. We girls hung out there this afternoon and made some wishes.
Grace is now wishing for kittens. In the plural... Watching both girls with Molly is a joy. Makes me smile just remembering.
We had a wonderful, relaxing afternoon. I mostly just sat and loaded up on some vitamin D while the girls played and were silly. It was one of those times as a mom you wish you could package to take out later and remember every detail; the laughter of your kids, the smell of new spring life growing in the woods, the feeling of golden, end of the day sun on your back, my daughters searching for wild violets to bring to me.
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing your magic Jen. You are a wonderful mom.
can i come? it looks like magic to me too
I love it. I remember vividly being outside as much as I could and making fairy houses and other magical things. The girls are so darn cute.
So cute!! I love the pictures and I love childhood - make believing was the best - still is I guess!!! I also love your girls distinct styles! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment