Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Official Retraction

I am officially taking back my not so subtle suggestion that Luke or Noah was the culprit in the great gerbil episode. I got home today from running an errand to find our neighbors son IN MY HOUSE, door ajar, gerbil lid off again on the floor. Thankfully the gerbil was still in it's cage playing with a few marbles he added. I am glad my mom radar is working ok because I really thought both boys were telling me the truth the other day, there was just no other likely explanation. Moral of the story...sometimes life is weird and unlikely and your neighbors 5 year old is hanging out alone in your house. Also, always double check to make sure your garage door is locked.

4 comments:

The Kroebers said...

Kinda funny that the girls were right. Someone broke into your house and killed your gerbil just not the robber or ghost they thought it was. I'll have to remember this the next time "nobody" does something at out house.

And We Sailed On said...

Um, wow. That's a bit wild. Good luck with that one! :)

EM said...

Whao kid! That's crazy. Sweet story with your girls though. I went to Jason's Grandma's viewing today and saw Jason and Craig and Dessa. It made me miss you and the kids. I told Jason that they can add the gerbil to the funeral plans. He thought maybe he could read Sophie's sweet eulogy to everyone :) Hope you are all doing well. Love you guys tons. (P.S. Charlotte and Dakota are here with us for a few days and have been/will be traveling almost all month so Char told me she will try to get back to your email asap, but the one place that you were thinking of isn't available anymore b/c the people got divorced and sold it. Bummer).

Smith's Utah Understandings said...

This is crazy! and I even know this neighbor boy1 yikes! so glad you found out now before anything else happened....I should say you'll be checking to make sure the door is locked! Still sad for Grace, but a good way to handle death of a pet, we have pet cemeteries all over the country! the horse in E-burg is the worse story. love ya tons, mom