Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sophie's First Sewing Project


All summer Sophie has been asking to sew her own skirt. We used a skirt of Anna's for inspiration. Sophie completely designed this herself. I helped with some of the sewing. She did about 85% of it herself. I think it turned out adorable! The other kids all sewed pillows also. 4 straight seams, putting in stuffing ='s a pretty fun afternoon.

PS - Thank you mom for teaching me to sew myself as a little girl.

6 comments:

Smith's Utah Understandings said...

loved doing it!! such a cute skirt and her first - wow - now I can't decide if she will be an author or fashion designer --both! love, mom/grandma

The Kroebers said...

That skirt is adorable. I love it. And you've inspired me to sew with my boys. I know they would love it.

Michelle S.J. said...

I love it. It is Super Cute!

Lindsey said...

Sophie - CUTE CUTE CUTE SKIRT - I want one for Olivia and myself!!! I have been sewing more this summer and it has been so enjoyable!! Thanks mom also!!!

Katydid said...

You are doing an amazing job with your girls!

Wendy said...

That is so cute. Go Sophie!