The kids were amazing. Seriously. 34+ hours or so in the car each way and they did really well. Having the DVD player helps immensely. Mom - and any others concerned - we didn't watch movies the WHOLE time. Having games on an Ipad was wonderful along with audio books. I now have some serious Mahjong skills going on.
Is there anything more fun then playing with cousins?
We made the best of the little bit of snow in Utah. Even a sprinkling is fun for us southerners. On the drive out in Kansas or somewhere, the kids and I had an impromptu "snowball" fight with some slushy snow we found in the shade of a sign. Grace, Luke and Taryn made a "Snow Bunny". Noah was outside as much as possible. We had been hoping to snow shoe and sled while in Utah, but settled for hiking. We went up the south fork of Provo canyon with Heather and her boys.The beauty of western mountains never loose their magic for me.
For Jason's 40th birthday we went to see the lights on Temple Square. It was super cold. I guess to be expected. Lindsey and her family was able to come and join us. The kids made the cake and crown and decorated with black at the Hardys.
We were able to attend the 2nd annual Smith Family white elephant party. Super fun. Crazy. Loud.
Christmas Day 2011with the Hardys
Polly, Lindsey, Heather, Me, Emilee, Kate - 6 of my 7 sisters.
All in all a wonderful trip. Thank you to all who let 6 extra (4 of whom are very loud) people stay with you. I would love to reciprocate. Come to North Carolina. Anyone. Please....
2 comments:
Wow1 Thanks so much Jen for posting these and telling about your trip...was amazing and it's okay to watch movies the whole way ... we had kids playing all over the mattress on the floor of the van, NOT in car seats for 40+ hours!! I'm proud of them...thanks again for the pictures- I'll come to NC as soon as I can!
love, Mom
Yay!!! So much fun!!! Thanks for posting the picture of the crazy lady in the wolf mask - what a psycho!!
Post a Comment