Monday, January 13, 2014

Budding Chef

Luke has been asking for the past several days to make dinner all on his own. He planned out a whole menu, and with a bit of help and guidance, cooked dinner tonight. It was awesome! He loves shrimp and it is too expensive to cook. But I let him get some for tonight. He and I made shrimp, rice, cooked carrots and coleslaw. Last summer in Utah Grandma H made coleslaw once and Luke fell in love. I never make it, but happened to have a cabbage in the fridge tonight. It turned out really good. I tried to get Luke to smile to show his gappy smile. His front tooth finally fell out last night. I am not sure how it was still hanging in there, I have never seen a looser tooth! He got up in the middle of the night to tell me his tooth had fallen out. He found it on his pillow. This guy. I love him to pieces.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

my kids love to cook dinner too and my kids love shrimp! So sweet.