Sophie has wanted to sew a skirt all winter. We finally got to the fabric store, it is far from us, and the plan was that we would buy some black fabric and I would help her learn to sew a pencil skirt. Simple, elastic waist, etc. Well. Sophie was intoxicated by all the fabric. There was no way she was walking out of there with only black. She found this stripe and explained to me how we could sew it into a chevron pattern. It was pretty sheer, so Sophie came up with the idea of a contrasting lining. I am glad my sewing skills were up to the task and am still surprised it turned out as well as it did. Of course I found directions online that I followed to a T! I have never known a kid Sophie's age so incredibly concerned with fashion. I am determined to teach her to sew that simple skirt though!
This rug is my favorite find. Just looking at it covering the yucky tile by my front door makes me happy. I found a new discount furniture store and they sold it to me for 35$! Now if I could just find a kitchen table I love and can afford.
2 comments:
Sophie, that skirt is sooo cute. I'm impressed that you got the lines to match up so well.
I love the rug too.
THe skirt turned out awesome. So fun! What pattern did you use? And your rug looks great too. Kitchen tables are hard to find. I'll never ever give mine up now that I found it (at a second hand store!)
E
Post a Comment