Sunday, April 6, 2014

Traditions

Jason got up at 5:30 this morning to start cooking dutch oven breakfast. It is an awesome conference weekend tradition in my opinion. I sleep in my toasty warm bed while he and the kids make delicious food! Every Conference weekend the kids get super excited about it. I'm not sure if it was their idea or Jason's but it has stuck. We are planning our first family backpacking trip for spring break in a few weeks. Each of the kids have asked me who is going to carry the dutch ovens...they have been spoiled by Jason's cooking when we camp the past few years! I guess they don't remember very well when they were little and our staple camp foods were hot dogs and cheese tortillas.


Conference was good as usual. I always miss my family conference weekend. Staying home and relaxing while being so spiritually fed was wonderful and much needed.

No comments: