After so much of this......
We now have this!
The early willow leaves reminded me of this:
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
I had no idea what a Lenten rose was until I moved to the South. They are really not a rose. They are evergreen and bloom first here. I still miss the forsythia being the first flower of the year, is that silly? These boom even before the crocus I think. I will plant some crocus for next year find out.
1 comment:
Gorgeous! I have no hope of green or flowers for quite some time. whenever i see flowers in garden magainzes that I would love to grow I learn they need to be planted at your house because they wont' survive at mine! xo
E
Post a Comment