Sunday, December 14, 2014

Greensboro Christmas Parade


Last Saturday Sophie was in the Greensboro Christmas parade with her dance class. It was cold and rainy, but still fun. Gracie spotted a place under a bit of roof and we stayed mostly dry. Sophie got a bit wet, she had layers on under her tshirt and was dancing the whole time so stayed mostly warm. Sophie and Grace's good friend Caroline is in the black hat to the left of Sophie.

 This was my favorite balloon. It is fun to be at a parade that has helium balloons. Luke and Noah loved the bands. Some of them were pretty good. I remember the last year we went to this parade it was warm and sunny and we didn't bring anything to drink and ended up super thirsty. This year we stopped by McDonalds on the way home for hot chocolate. No one was impressed, me included. Not as yummy as I remembered.

                          Sophie, Noah, Logan, Luke, Devon, Bishop Williams and Tanner

Sherman Williams and each of his boys in succession have been our home teachers since we moved here to NC. We have watched each of them grow up and home teach us with their dad, our former bishop. Logan just returned home from France on his mission, Devon just became a deacon a few months ago and Tanner is a junior in high school. I love these men and boys. They have been faithful and consistent and I know I could call any time night or day to ask for help and they would be here as quickly as possible. Once when the kids were super little Bishop overheard at church that a tree had fallen in our yard. The next evening he and his family just showed up, chain saw and ice cream in hand, to clean up the tree and share a treat. My kids have grown up seeing first hand how home teachers help and bless in the Lord's place here on earth. The Williams boys have been an incredible example to us and I have enjoyed our time together. I hope I can post a picture like this after Tanner returns home and then Devon too.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

So awesome to know wonderful people. We love you and miss yoU! It makes me sad to think that our children don't really know each other. I have a goal for the new year to be more connected. xo E