Christmas Morning
I woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep so I went out to read my scriptures and enjoy the quiet of Christmas morning. Noah heard me, he was awake too. So I went upstairs and read in he and Luke's room. Christmas eve we just read Luke 2 and the kids asked about the wise men. I explained a bit about the gospels and how they don't all have the same information and that the story of the wise men is in Matthew. The boys and I had 30 minutes to wait until 6:30 when the festivities would begin. Noah asked if I would read to him about the wise men. It was so sweet. He and Luke listened so intently. We read Matthew 2 and discussed the wise men, and then a bit about Zacharias, Elizabeth and John the Baptist. It was an amazing beginning for Christmas morning. The kids decided to close their eyes until they were in the family room, I think the girls just couldn't wait!
Having Sam and Dessa here made Christmas a lot of fun!
Noah and Luke both got football jerseys. Luke the Packers and Noah the Seahawks.
The boys also got long awaited pocket knives. By the end of the day they had both cut themselves. Live and learn I guess.
Give Molly a squeeky plush toy and she is in heaven! We will see how long this ones lasts. By the time she destroys them I am so done with the noise of it, I am happy to throw them away!
Luke painted this fresco for Jason and I at school. We opened it as the first present from under the tree. He is so proud of it and was so excited to give it to us. It will become a treasured part of our Christmas decorations now!
This pin toy from Grandma Smith was a huge hit! It has been played with by all of us all day!
Santa brought the boys and Jason remote control helicopters. The boys, Jason and Sam included, played with them all day. They are harder to fly then you would think, but by the end of the day they could all land on the piano bench some of the time! Noah's crash landed one too many times and Jason found out he can order repair parts on line for just a few dollars. Good thing. I see lots of helicopter repair in his future...
Sam left right around noon to fly to Florida. I am happy he can relax on the beach but we will miss him. We had a yummy ham dinner, and waaaaay too much sugar and treats. Luke and I made a tuxedo cheesecake and I baked a pecan pie. Plus Santa brought a huge box of chocolates along with all the other goodies and treats. I remember once at Christmas as a kid that someone gave our family an enormous box of chocolates. I loved it! Reading the lid map and figuring out what to try. Putting a half eaten chocolate back that you didn't like...
By the end of the evening the kids were actually asking to go to bed! We had sunny, warm weather. I always miss the snow at Christmas, but I am grateful for all we do have. It was a great day.
1 comment:
looks like so much fuN! xo
E
Post a Comment