Monday, January 25, 2016

Before the storm...

 A huge snow and ice storm has been predicted for the whole east coast. On Martin Luther King day we got ready for it by putting icemelt down for an elderly friend and then trying a new cupcake bakery in town. They were not as good as Maxie B's, but still yummy.


 After the storm...
 


 Not as much snow or ice as predicted, which is good. We got about 4 inches with a thick layer of ice on top. Nothing too crazy. If only we had stuck with being pulled behind the tractor...whole family went sledding at park in town and I messed up my back. Icy snow + tube+old mom+ pole ='s lots of pain. After ignoring Jason when he told me it was not safe to sled at this park and crashing into a pole, I followed his advice and got checked out at the ER. Bruised ribs and really sore back. Nothing that won't heal. In the mean time I can only hobble around like an old woman. Learned my lesson!

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

I wish I was there to cook you dinner and take care of you! I'm so sorry you are hurt. xo
E