Sunday, November 26, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving



The Pikes and Sam and Allie came for Thanksgiving. It was super fun to meet Allie - she is wonderful! I worry that it was too wild and crazy for her, our house is pretty small for 12 people, including 4 loud boys. We (Pikes, Sam, Luke & I) ran the Greensboro Gobbler on Thanksgiving morning. It was soo fun. I think it needs to be a tradition. All around us were families celebrating together. The run raises money for First Harvest Food Bank. Luke got super festive and ordered a turkey hat weeks ago to run in.
It was all of the boys first 5K. I was so proud of all of them! Seeing these 2 cousins running together was so sweet. Tal actually threw up twice before we left for the race, but he was determined to run. Luke beat me by about 10 seconds - he had a kick left at the end and I so did not. I was happy with my  10 minutes miles ;)


After delicious turkey dinner we played the annual Hardy Bowl. It was so fun, super warm temps, Molly barking up a storm. Em is seriously amazing and got this selfie of us all on the trampoline. Luke being Luke front and center...
Day after we kept our newish tradition of getting outside to enjoy nature. We hiked in Haw River State park - super close, mostly just a pretty walk in the woods, but lots of fun. Ben and Sam pulled this tree down and the kids took turns bouncing/hanging on it. Ben is the master of always creating fun - seriously!


I am grateful to have family that is so loving. I feel blessed that our family is full of incredible people I love to spend time with.

No comments: