Friday, June 22, 2018

Northern England

 Our first stop in Northern England was Liverpool. I was sick with a really bad cold for the rest of the trip and did not take a lot of pictures. I still enjoyed as much as possible. This is from a German U Boat museum. It was full of things we had never seen before. This sign in the station waiting for the ferry back across the river made me laugh! And you know I was sick because I did not go get some cake!

This is the only picture I have of the docks in Liverpool. Cool jellyfish, but not historically important. I am so sad I did not take a picture of where my Great Grandfather Scottern Poole immigrated from! He left Liverpool for Canada, and then came to the US. He was from Nottingham. We drove through on the way back to London and it was neat to be there.

We next went to Manchester. They have a large and well done museum about the Industrial Revolution. 


 We drove to Ecclesfield on our way back to London. Jason has an ancestor who is from here and we thought he may be buried in this churchyard. We could not find any graves as old as his would have been that were still legible. Parts of the church are over 400 years old!  Going to the rest room across the street at a local pub was an experience. I don't think I have ever been stared at in exactly the same way.
This is the UK candy feast when we got back. There are so many yummy treats there!!!!

No comments: