Jason and first visited the Tower of London. You can't take pictures of the royal jewels, but it was really fun to see them. This is a pic of the Tower Castle and part of the original structure.
There have been ravens at the Tower of London for hundreds of years, some superstition about if they leave the Tower will fall to it's enemies. I can't exactly remember. They were HUGE though, the biggest ravens I had ever see.
Tower Bridge
We had time to walk to Buckingham Palace. We hadn't planned on it, but it ended up being so interesting. There is this huge public park for acres around the palace. We walked through this peaceful, beautiful place in the middle of busy London. It was fun!
Steam Museum in London
We spent a super interesting afternoon at this small museum that is full of antique steam engines, most of which still work. It was amazing and interesting and off the beaten path so calm and not busy.
Sunday Roast & super funny old rules for the tavern
The British Museum has a huge, diverse collection. I was fascinated by the ancient Assyrian art. I have never seen any. It is contemporary with the Egyptian we all all familiar with, but so different! Full of detailed, curving lines and carving. I was amazed by it.
Assyrian Winged Lion - part of pair
I love this funky Goblet! It is from the 1550's, Northern European. The shell came from the South Pacific somewhere. So crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment