Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finding Joy

I was driving Noah to the doctor today and feeling a little sorry for myself. I love Conference weekend and I was missing Sunday morning's session. I was grouchy from the sleep deprivation of being up with him all night and just generally feeling sorry for myself (and of course for Noah, since he was the one actually sick). I stopped at an intersection and there in his bright orange vest was a guy holding a sign advertising for a pizza store. But this guy was not just standing there or walking around...he was dancing his butt off! He was not being silly, doing the crazy chicken, etc. But DANCING! and he was good! It was hilarious and cool and really fun. It made me smile and then laugh out loud.

You know the guy can't be enjoying the best of times if his job is holding a pizza sign at an intersection. But there he was enjoying the heck out of himself and making a whole bunch of people happy. I am not one for dancing in public but I am going to find more joy this week.
Who knows, maybe Kanye West's manager has a great aunt in Greensboro who he was visiting today, saw the dancing pizza man, and hired him on the spot.

PS-Noah is fine. Of course after all the work to get him to the doctor on Sunday morning, it is just a virus. So we will wait the 5 days, load him up on ibuprofen and hope not all of the other kids get sick too.

PPS -When we got home, Grace and Luke had picked me a dandelion and wild violet bouquet. Lots of joy!

No comments: