Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Luke and Noah were SOOOOO excited about starting preschool today! Noah had his clothes laid out on the floor of his bedroom for the past 4 days...really. No tears at all, but Luke did pack his blanket in his backpack "just in case!". When I picked them up and asked what they did at school today Luke replied all blase, "Just school stuff Mom." Made me laugh.

I had to send in a picture of each boy for the class bulletin board. Last night I searched through our last few months of pictures and I couldn't find a single one of Noah by himself where he wasn't doing, or wearing, something crazy! The 2 I did find that would work were not ideal for a school setting.  I found a cute picture with Noah holding a burning stick from camping and another riding his bike with no helmet. So I took a picture this morning. He kept moving so it was a little blurry. At least there was no evidence of questionable parenting in it.



If you are wondering what I did this morning? I swam laps all by myself, ran an errand all by myself and got a much needed pedicure as a splurge. Yeah for preschool!

5 comments:

Polly said...

If the boys smiled any harder I think their faces would crack!!

The Kroebers said...

Isaac started today too. He was so excited when it was time to go that he was running around the house. He couldn't settle down enough to actually get ready to go and we were late. It's bad when you're 10 minutes late and it's next door. I came home and tried to take a nap but of course Keenyn, who sleeps ALL THE TIME, didn't go to sleep. Maybe on Thursday.

From now on you will always have child free time. That rocks for you.

Lindsey said...

Yippee for some time for yourself!!! It's only been, what 6 years! Very cute picture!

And We Sailed On said...

What awesome kids you have. What an incredible mother you are. Hooray for some alone time to take care of yourself! xo
E

Katydid said...

Time alone--give a shout. My kids were worried about me only having one kid at home for while. Did I need a babysitter? ha