I was seduced today by the dollar aisle at Target. Who gets by that thing without stopping? Genius marketing.
What I was thinking buying foam gladiator toys, I just don't know. Maybe that playing at fighting would stop the actual fighting for a while? Big sigh... Sophie's sword fighting stance cracks me up and freaks me out a little. It is weird when your kids start learning things and you have no idea where they came from.
I also just have to ask myself...if I don't want my kids to have play guns, why am I fine with swords, shields and swinging maces? Hmmm....
5 comments:
My boys would love those and since their foam it would hurt a lot less than the things that they usually use to hit each other. I may have to take a trip and see if my Target has some.
Well I'm ok with guns too but even if I don't provide something they use alternative devices which turn into these weapons anyway. I think it's good imagination! I may have to check my store... they would be great for halloween costumes!
I had one mother explain to me that she was ok with swords because at least it took some skill and physical prowess to use one, guns are just point and shoot. Looks like fun if you ask me. :)
Sophie's stance is practically perfect as far as I can tell!! I agree with Heather and Emily at least the foam hurts less and these are great for the imagination!!
I think swords are okay because there is almost no chance of a child actually encountering a real one she can lift.
Post a Comment