Sophie and Grace went to the dentist yesterday for fillings and sealants. (I feel like such a lousy parent when my kids have cavities!) Our dentist uses sedation, which I am grateful for, because it took about an hour each in the chair. All told, we did not have a spectacular experience. Grace threw up and when they brought her out to me she was crying. Her medication wore off pretty quickly though and then she was just a little grouchy. Sophie was a different story. She was still so loopy when they were finished that she could not stand or walk. Getting her into her car seat was a little comical.
Because we live out in the boon docks and going to town is like hitching up the buckboard for the day, I had to go to Costco before we picked the boys up from preschool. Grace did fine. Poor Sophie did not. She was whimpering and crying the entire time. I was trying to shop in a hurry and comfort her at the same time. Nothing seemed to be working. Finally as I was putting the big ol' bag of chocolate chips into the cart she reached for it. I handed them to her and she snuggled them like they were her blankie, and calmed down. Definitely a new definition of comfort food.
5 comments:
That is some excellent mothering.
Did you let her eat them?
oh the dentist is not fun! If it makes you feel any better my kids FREQUENTLY have cavaties. It's very much in the genes - you can't blame yourself!
I feel that way about chocolate some days too. I wish I was there to do your shopping and pick up the boys so I could have sent you home!
I love it. What a sweetie. I wish you could have gotten a picture :)Sorry about the dentist. Love you guys!
I just HATE the dentist!! Poor Sophie!! I love that a huge bag f chocolate chips made her feel better!! I understand how you feel too Kyle has about $400 of work that needs to be done and I feel AWFUL!! I wonder if chocolate chips make 16 year old boys feel better too??
mmmm, you could do chocolate fondue next. Warmth AND chocolate. I did read the steam punk book....not really worth it. But I may try another book in the same category.
Post a Comment