Monday, April 11, 2011

Sophie's Debut



Grace and Sophie's first grade classes put on a musical last week. Sophie was one of the 3 little pigs. Grace did not choose to have a speaking part and was an adorable singer in the chorus. I was surprised how fun, and funny the play was. The kids did an amazing job. Sophie was super excited and nervous both. I told her how Grandpa Smith used to tell me to take deep breaths as a child when I felt nervous and it helped.

As cute as the kids were, I know the props for the evening go to their music teacher. She taught 5 brand new songs, actions and a small play to 5 classes of 1st graders. Yeah for arts in our public schools!

6 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

that is so adorable. I love the nose, that's my favorite part. We have an amazing music teacher as well and I'm grateful for the programs my kids to be a part of! Good job Grace and Sophie!
E

Unknown said...

Seriously!!! They are so important - I don't know why people ever consider cutting them! So cute!!! I wish I could have been there to cheer for them!

Unknown said...

Sorry, Lindsey on Dan's account!! :)

The Kroebers said...

Music class is the one thing that Eli really doesn't like about school. He says that it's boring. I guess he doesn't have as good of a music teacher as you guys. Maybe he just isn't into music class. I am really glad that he has music and art classes though.

Sophie is adorable

Cyndie said...

Fun!

Polly said...

I agree, WOOHOO for music in public schools!! One of my favorite memories of elementary school was Sleeping Beauty. The girls look darling!!