Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve 2013

This year Susie and I started what we hope will be a tradition. We met at the church with some other families and played all morning long in the gym. I was the only Mom playing, which I think is crummy. But Susie was taking care of babies and Jen Cobia just had surgery last week. We played Spider Ball which is a combined dodge ball/freeze tag and kick ball and had tons of fun. The grown up men got too competitive, which I think is funny. But it was a good time. I had a spectacularly embarrassing fall in the middle of one game. The kind where you keep stumbling forward desperately trying to get your balance and then fall hard to the ground. It made me feel old. But it was pretty funny. I laughed and laughed. I was too embarrassed to see if anyone else was laughing, I asked Grace a bit later how bad it was, if I should be embarrassed and she said yes, definitely.
 We watched the video of the Savior's birth instead of reading it this year. The church made an incredible video. The kids learned more from it and payed attention better. I still love reading Luke 2, and I'm sure we will in years to come. We video stopped between segments and we were able to talk and discuss the Savior's birth. At one point Noah leaned over to me and whispered, "I'd rather have Jesus then presents." It was really sweet. Jason and I both bore our testimonies to the kids at the end of the Savior, His birth and redemptive power. We had a simple, wonderful Christmas Eve. Grace cracked me up that she wanted footie pjs, but she did. So I got them for her.  Sophie had the entire Christmas morning planned out, scheduled and written for the other kids. She said she would do a pep rally between the time they woke up at 6:10 and when we said they could get us up at 6:30. No pep rally was needed!
 Stockings, tree and Noah with our Santa key. He looks like he is praying that Santa will come! I think he was just cold.
Grace made sure to leave a snack for the reindeer on the front lawn. The other kids were putting out cookies for Santa. When Grace came in she started writing a thank you letter to Santa. Soon all the other kids had joined her.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

So funny! Savanna wanted footie jammies so badly too and I got her the exact same ones! Maddie and Emma too. Silly girls. Wish we were closer.
xo