Thursday, December 26, 2013

I spent most of the afternoon today sorting through boxes that have not been opened for years. Childhood keepsakes, letters all the way back to elementary school, tons and tons and tons of pictures and letters from my mission. It was fun to find some things I thought I had lost - my baby book for one! I could never find it when we moved to NC. I was not super worried, I was sure it was somewhere. I also found a blue glass bird that I received as a wedding gift from a college professor that meant a lot to me. She was on sabbatical from a baptist college somewhere in the south where it is traditional to give a blue bird of happiness as a wedding gift.
I has such a hard time deciding what to keep and what to give away or get rid of. Our new  house does not have room to store all this stuff, so I can't keep it all. That is the hard part, the blessing of all this is realizing what a life of abundance I have lived.
I have letters and letters and letters from all members of my family telling me of their love and just what was happening in their lives. I have had such amazing friends over the years that have loved, listened and taught me. I met people on my mission that changed my life and taught me of the Savior in ways no one else could. I have cards of love and support from my parents and Grandparents. I have been able to travel and have amazing experiences. I was reminded of blessings and experiences today and people whom I have not thought of for many years.
I have always loved John 10:10 when Christ says I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Tonight as I look back on my life to this point, I see the abundance and know it is from the Lord and I am humbled and so full of gratitude.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

I was just talking to Kurt about abundance on our walk thismorning. I feel it too! I have a really really hard time deciding what to keep and so I have always kept too much. These days I try to take a picture of it and then toss it! But letters are tricky. Good luck!
xo
E